Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blog #1 & #2


Hello, I'm matt. I'm a junior majoring in com arts and history. I'm from Eden Prairie, MN. I watch a lot of movies. I like to cook, food mostly. I really like watching soccer. I like to read and I just started liking tea. In every facet of my life I try to emulate Ke$ha. I have started by replacing the "M" in my name with a "$".

I found the article a little outdated but very informative. I thought the video started out promising with interesting graphics that helped to clarify the complexity of the history of the internet but became increasingly complicated and I become a bit disinterested by the end. However, I think that the history of the internet is seldom explained with any sort of concrete detail or sincerity in mainstream media which is unusual considering it has become a fundamental part of our society. For that reason, I found its history fascinating and revealing because I had always assumed Al Gore had single-handedly brought down the gift of the internet from the heavens, riding down to earth on the back of a majestic steed. Apparently the internet's creation was considerably less awesome.

-$att

No comments:

Post a Comment