Second, I watched this video, as per Patrick's recommendation. This had a bit more of an effect, but I still can't really say that it got me high. It was more trance-y than anything, with its constantly moving, bright graphics and techno music. Once again, it made me want to reach for some eye drops, but this one actually had a pretty neat aftereffect. When I moved my eyes from the screen to my New Super Mario Bros. Wii poster, the edges blurred and the poster kind of wiggled, if you will. After a few blinks, this effect completely disappeared.
All in all, I think that i-Dosing just seems like a bunch of optical and auditory tricks. I don't really understand why there would be such an outrage over the videos themselves. They don't seem that much different from a deadmau5 concert, but I feel like the same people who have a problem with these videos would probably think that deadmau5 is the leader of some Satanic cult. I feel like the bigger problem with the videos is that people are afraid that their kids will try real drugs if they are so willing and able to try i-Dosing. Me? I'll stick to deadmau5.
No comments:
Post a Comment