Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Blog 4
Well I found one thing out while Googling myself. Google thinks I don't know how to spell my own last name... asking me if I meant "Simon Rich", although that is my nickname (kidding). It was an interesting experience googling myself considering I haven't done it in about 3 days. Actually though, I have done this in the past and nothing has really changed. There is still the link to my interview with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel I did as a sophomore in High School, still a link to my facebook and even my twitter account (which you are more than welcome to follow!). I was pleased to see that apparently only one other person in the world is named Simon Rech too, mainly because I've always thought it was cool to have a pretty unique name. Google Images on the other hand, brought up a lot of images from my facebook and even pictures of my friends. Of course this was after I had to click show results for Simon Rech, because apparently Google Images automatically switches your last name if it doesn't recognize your last name. I was surprised how many pictures of my friends and I there were on there though, I was under the impression that I had pretty high privacy settings but I guess not. Although it was a little uncomfortable, I guess I should've known what I was getting into by signing up for social networking sites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment