Monday, February 28, 2011
Blog#4- Mistaken Identity (Jordann)
I was fairly surprised what came up when I googled my name. My facebook, twitter and (god help me) my myspace page all were amongst the top hits when I googled my name. I am petrified by how lax the privacy settings were for myspace back in the day and after a million tries at logging in to hopefully delete this travesty I can not get into my old account, super. My tweets are blocked, but for friends who tweet me and mention me that do not block their tweets, their messages to me come up when I am googled also, which could potentially be detrimental. Links to my dad's band (lol...) and a facebook marketplace post also came up. I was surprised by a link to a site called Pipl Profiles, which is a website that links people, allows you to do a background check and tries to associate possible relatives together. My entry on the Dean's list as well as the link to this blog came up a few pages in. Links from my father's class reunion entries as well as my ties to my grandmother's donations to political parties also linked somehow to me. For the first four pages most of the links were either directly about me or at least related but by the time i got to the fifth search page they became less and less relevant. Either way, I am still really freaked out by how much stuff came up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment