
I have had 10 more requests to follow my protected tweets since my last post. Usually I would use more discretion when accepting followers but for the sake of my practicum I have added everyone who has requested. The requests range from friends of mine new to Twitter to businesses trying to promote their products. I also have started following many more people utilizing the "who to follow" feature that was newly implemented by Twitter. Last night I was searching through my timeline and came across a link that Kevin Spacey had posted for a documentary for the making of The Social Network that he was able to release as an executive producer of the movie (which I didn't know). I think this was a good indication of the use of Twitter. A celebrity was able to offer interesting content that you would not be able to access normally, yet it was still promotional but made you feel as if you were part of a secret club or community. This is part of the idea that Twitter offers as an identity for its users.
No comments:
Post a Comment