Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Practicum- Jordann


I have had a Twitter account for about two and a half years, but I rarely spend time on it. I first got my Twitter to talk to a core group of about seven people and we used it more as a way to send mass text messages since we had it sent to our phones. I started following some people, but this was really at the early end of Twitter, so I stuck to the main celebrities that most people follow (Kim Kardashian brags about her twitter followers and Ashton Kutcher used to have the most followers). The way I now use Twitter has definitely evolved. For this project I have tried to make it my goal to have a celebrity retweet or tweet back to something I have said, I tried Aaron Rodgers and sadly he didn't respond. A few of my friends have been retweeted and tweeted back by their favorite athletes and celebrities. The ability to feel like you are actually able to be in touch with someone famous is one of the most interesting aspects of Twitter to me. It has changed completely the way that celebrities interact with their fans, voice their opinions and promote their shows or products. For many it offers a way for fans to feel connected or share their support of a celebrity, for others, tweeting is a chance to vent, congratulate, scheme or self promote. For this project I have started following many more people and have tried to tweet more often.


1 comment:

  1. I have a twitter account too, but have not used it much. It is a little complicated and doesn't really give you a tutorial to it. All I use mine for is networking for businesses, but it's hard to figure out good things to tweet. I haven't really followed any famous people (except Biddy Martin of course) but I do follow stores and stuff cause some can give good deals.

    ReplyDelete