For this blog entry, I decided to watch the most recent "Death Cab for Cutie" video (You Are A Tourist [Official Video]), and I watched "The Office: Garage Sale" which is the most current episode of the series. I have been using Hulu since freshman year when I had class during one of my favorite television shows, and I have been using YouTube for as long as I can remember.
I like YouTube because many videos still do not have annoying mascara or prescription advertising. For example, I looked at the poster of the video and confirmed that I could watch in 1080p HD and looked at the name DCFCtv and knew that I would not encounter a 30 second advertisement for five minute song. I tend to steer away from artists with 'VEVO' after their name because, in my experience, an ad is almost guaranteed.
Hulu is a great service offering new content daily with little advertisements. I did not have trouble suffering through the advertisements because 1) I can hit mute on my computer and completely tune out said ad, and 2) I can click 'Yes or No' in the upper right corner under 'Is this advertisement relevant to you?' which almost always happens to be no.
Both services are great, and they can (and often times do) deliver vastly different material than one another. For example, I use YouTube almost exclusively for music, and I use Hulu almost exclusively for staying current with television programs. I use both pretty frequently, and their services to the online community are great.
No comments:
Post a Comment