As for YouTube, my buddy and I were watching dancing with the stars last night (long story), and the song somebody danced to was the opera song that Will Ferrel sings in Step Brothers. So, naturally, I looked up the title of the song. This then led me to be interested in watching the clip from the movie, and YouTube is perfect for this type of thing. Rather than for watching entire episodes of shows or watching whole movies, YouTube works really well for finding a specific clip of something that you want to watch. Additionally, YouTube easily lets you explore similar video clips. For example, after watching the scene from Step Brothers, I then looked up other videos of that opera song, and watched one of the great singer Andrea Bocelli singing the same song.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Blog #6
So for this blog, I decided to watch the latest episode of a show I'm following, NBC's The Event (It's kind of stupid, but I'm hooked) on Hulu. Hulu is really great, because with a packed schedule, evenings are a time to hit up the library to do schoolwork, and since this usually coincides with the primetime television schedule, I miss out on watching shows when they're broadcast. I love being able to go on Hulu a day after a show airs and watch it then or whenever I want. Obviously they don't post every episode ever made from a show, but if you stay relatively caught up, say within several weeks, you wont miss an episode of your favorite show. Not having nearly as many commercials is also a very nice aspect of Hulu. Really the only downfall I see to Hulu is that the video quality isn't always in full high-definition like it is on TV, and the screen you watch on is smaller. There will always be something nice about sitting on the couch and watching a show on the TV screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment