Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hulu + YouTube

For this blog, I watched a clip from Dancing With The Stars on Hulu and Viral Video Film School: The Best Sledding Fails.

I have to admit, I rarely go on Hulu. Usually it's when someone sends me a clip. I don't watch a lot of TV, or at least I'm not a fan of any show that isn't syndicated or won't be rerun before the next episode. I've been really curious about the DWTS infatuation though, so I decided to watch it. Not my cup of tea. Hulu is cool because it's like TV, only it's not. Obviously, that's the point.

YouTube is much more compatible with my attention span. I love viral videos and the way they define our culture, fifteen minutes of fame is just enough. Viral Video Film School is awesome because a comedian gives witty commentary to viral videos (some less common). Like all YouTube sensations, my roommates and I had a brief obsession with at the end of the summer. Revisiting it was worth it. I like that it depends on users to keep it going, I think that's how pop culture should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment