Hey guys,
I had thought that I completed all seven practicum posts, but I was a couple short. So, I will do my best to deliver new and useful information as the semester is winding down. Here is what I found.
After doing my research and exploring for countless hours outside of this practicum, I was looking for new ways to interact with Wikipedia's interface. At the minimum, I was looking for different ways to collaborate pages for a project or presentation. For example, say I wanted to help a kindergarten find information for a project about Christopher Columbus. Wikipedia has a new feature called 'Book creator' which allows the user to designate particular Wikis and place them into a cataloged location and in a cataloged order - basically, creating a book out of different entries. So, if I were helping this student gather information about Christopher Columbus, I might insert the Wikipedia entries for 'Christopher Columbus', 'New World', 'The Canary Islands', etc. Then, once these are selected to be entered into this created book, I can arrange them as PDFs, or I could actually have a book made. I thought that this feature was really cool.
One potential drawback I saw is with grammatical inconsistencies once your personalized book is sent or information changes with the individual Wikipedia pages, but I still think it is a unique and interesting premise.
That is all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment