Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Practicum-PatrickHechinger (5)

So today I decided to once again search beyond snabbo.com in hopes of finding a new senior site. I found one. I came across a website called modernsenior.com that is much like the others I have seen. It deals a lot with travel tips, health advise, and shopping. It also has something I have not yet seen which is a game section. It has mostly crossword puzzles and word searches but I think this is a very good idea because I know that all my grandparents go nuts over crossword puzzles in the morning. It is also mentally stimulating and can prevent Alzheimers. This site is just as repetitive as the others I have found. It has a very simple design and deals with very basic topics. For seniors, the internet is all about simplicity.

1 comment:

  1. You list the most common types of games that appear on the site, crosswords and word finds, but are there any games on the site that surprised you? Would there be any benefits of introducing more complex games to a seniors website? Since both of the common games that appear are word and letter centered, possibly the introduction of a game like Words With Friends (aka Scrabble) that is so popular on cell phones right now would fare well there.

    ReplyDelete