Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Practicum-PatrickHechinger (7)
So on my final attempt of searching the internet for a senior citizen site led me to Suddenlysenior.com. It is pretty different than the other sites. It involves a lot more humor as well as the same old stuff like traveling, gardening, etc. However, the one thing that surprised me (I have to say I was trying to avoid it at all costs) was the sex portion of the website. I couldn't muster up the courage to enter that part of the website so I just figured it is exactly as gross as I imagine it would be. However, this is a big development because one of the internets main functions is creating/helping relationships and this is the first site that displays this option for senior citizens. On forums of the other sites, elderly people were trying to avoid this, however, it could be very useful to someone who is widowed or a couple that has lost the spark in bed. I hate to make my last post about such a disturbing subject but I do believe that it is extremely important when considering the elderly's interaction with the web.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment