Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blog 1 and 2


Hey everybody, my name is Simon Rech. I'm from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin (suburb of Milwaukee, for all the non-Wisconsinites) and am a junior planning on majoring in Comm. Arts Radio, Film, TV. I have a terrible habit of mocking words and phrases until they eventually become a part of my actual vocabulary (ex. totes and probs), so if I use that in a conversation with any of you, please know that I'm not serious. Now that I got that out of the way, I'm an avid sports fan, although my favorite sport is basketball, one of my goals in life is to bring an NHL team to Milwaukee and name it the Bubblers. Other interests include listening to music, watching TV, and a lot of other things that I just can't think of right now.

I thought the video was much more enjoyable and also helpful than the reading. I think that because the visual aids were pretty easy to follow it was easier to digest all the information that was being given. I thought it was a good complement to the Abbate reading, and helped me have a better idea about the creation of the internet. Although I had a little prior knowledge of the creation of the internet from various tv shows, I thought that both the article and the video did an excellent job of explaining all of the events, and I enjoyed them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment