Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog 1 & 2.


Hello everybody, my name is Mike Hammond. It appears as though I'm the odd man out, because I am not a Comm Arts major. I'm majoring in Political Science and thought that this class would be good to explore the new media that everyone is talking about in the political science world. I am from La Crosse, Wisconsin originally. I am a huge Wisconsin sports fan including: The Badgers (of course), Bucks, Brewers and of course my beloved Packers who are headed to the Super Bowl (Go Pack Go!). Im also a fan of other non-traditional sports such as golf and soccer. As a Poli Sci major, I hope to someday do something with political numbers/polling/statistics. I look forward to a great semester with all of you.


I really enjoyed the video on the History of the Internet. The simplistic nature of the visual aids made a somewhat complex subject much easier to understand. It was a great compliment to both the article and the lecture on the history because it solidified all the subjects from both. One thing that was difficult with the video and the article on this subject was the wide array of names and acronyms used, because it makes it hard to keep track of them all. I also thought the video did a great job of explaining how the internet came out of many things, not just one innovation. Overall I really enjoyed the video and now I am beginning to have a better understanding of how the internet came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment