Monday, January 24, 2011

Blogs 1 & 2


Hey, all. Lindsay Schneider here. I'm a sophomore majoring in International Studies with an emphasis on French and Culture in the Age of Globalization with a certificate in Integrated Liberal Studies. Sounds fancy, right? Too bad I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Oops. I was born and raised in Kewaskum, WI (here you go) and I enjoy playing countless hours of Mario Kart online. When I'm not busy "pwning n00bs," I enjoy obsessively arranging throw pillows, reciting lines from A Very Potter Musical, not forgetting to be awesome, and looking through pages upon pages of memes (my current favorite is Philosoraptor).

I found the YouTube video extremely helpful, but the subject matter is pretty detailed and hard to keep straight. Even so, the Abbate reading was a bit dense, and this broke it down in a way that was easier to comprehend. I liked the way that is showed the connections that I had a hard time making while doing the reading. It is hard to think that a time even existed where the internet was not a part of people's day to day lives, so it is interesting to see how it came to be. As far as the video itself goes, I'm a visual learner, so this will be a great way to study later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment