Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog 1 and 2


Hey guys, my name is Logan Allen. I am a junior from a small town called Fredonia, WI, which is located about 45 minutes north of Milwaukee. Haphazardly, Dean Knetter and I are from the same hometown and high school and in the same discussion section, which is rare considering our high school has about 250 students. Anyway, I am a Comm Arts major (radio, television, and film) and Theatre (acting) student hoping to either continue studying acting while obtaining a Masters of Fine Arts, or I am also quite interested in writing or directing for stage and screen. I am also considering joining the Peace Corps when I graduate, but that is neither here nor there. In my free time, I enjoy being outdoors (preferably while snowboarding), reading, listening to music, and hanging out with my friends. I am a die hard Brewer and Packer fan; my apologies go out to Bear fans in their time of need. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I am excited for how this course unfolds.


As far as 'History of the Internet' is concerned, I found it helpful in its ability to convey somewhat technical and niche-oriented information, and bring it to a level comprehensible to those not in the field of computer science or engineering. It put some of the preconceived notions of how I understood the Internet to be and replaced them with more feasible explanations. Putting a topic as intricate and meticulous as the internet into document form can be daunting for anybody to decipher, so to be able to visually follow its rise from conceptual in 1957 to an ever-changing nebula of information that we see the Internet as today, proved to be beneficial for my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment