
Hey everyone, my name is Patrick Hechinger. I'm a sophomore and I'm majoring in Comm Arts and History. I was raised in Evanston, IL next door to Ryan Field but now I live in downtown Chicago. go bears.... (I find it funny that Jay Cutler is getting more media attention then both of the Superbowl teams combined, just shows how cynical the sports world is.) Anyways, I am an avid sports fan (Cubs, Bulls, Bears, Hawks) and I have my own sports talk show on the UW radio station. Hopefully that will also be my profession in the future. I'm excited and extremely interested in this class. Plus, now I can justify my procrastination on the internet as studying.
I agree with what most people have said about the video being more helpful than the reading. I made the mistake of watching the video first which really made the reading feel quite slow. I was so amazed how such a simple idea of mass communication and information sharing created the now insanely complex world of the internet. Its history is something I have never looked into and I'm amazed it isn't more well known and isn't taught to kids earlier on since it is now arguably the most important aspect of our lives. It is interesting how the initial idea for a means of communication amongst academics and the military slowly evolved further into a public forum that can be (and usually is) used for the most inane purposes.
No comments:
Post a Comment