
Hi everyone, my name is Jordann Donskey and I am a junior majoring in the rhetoric side of comm arts as well as history (with an emphasis on European history). I am a huge sports fan, I love the Badgers and Packers and in my opinion, beating the Bears Sunday was better than the Superbowl will be. I grew up in Madison, went to Verona high school and attended UW- La Crosse for my first year and a half before transferring here.
As far as the video is concerned, my nerdy history side was really interested in the roots that the development of the internet had in the Cold War. The massive paranoia caused by the launch of Sputnik and the Arm's Race in general definitely lead to a lot of technical advances, I was just unaware that the internet was one of them. I am embarrassed at how little I know about the origin of the internet and this video was helpful in providing a general summary. I was caught up in some of the terminology but I have a much greater understanding now than I did originally.
No comments:
Post a Comment