I'm Lee Maier, a senior majoring in Comm Arts - Radio, TV & Film and graduating this May. I'm from Milwaukee, WI and am definitely a huge Packers fan so this is a pretty exciting time. I also used to work for the Badger football team and am a huge fan of Wisconsin football, so being at the Rose Bowl was amazing. My interests are mainly in music - I DJ and produce, and work with a few different groups that promote bands in Madison. I hope to work for a record label or recording studio in the future and eventually manage some artists.
I thought the video clip was much more interesting than the reading, but I was still a little confused by all of the different terms. I think the most interesting part is that the internet came from commercial, scientific and military programs. Its interesting that so much of what created the internet was related to fears about other countries' military operations, like the space race with Russia and the Cuban missile crisis. These all had serious impacts on the way the internet was organized and created and I had no idea that was the case. Overall, the animation made it much more interesting than the readings were.

No comments:
Post a Comment