Monday, February 28, 2011

#4 Googling Me

I have been identified by many different names in the past due to my mom remarrying and the various different ways people nickname me. So for this assignment what i did was look up as many of the different names that i have been identified by as I could think of. Came up with varying results. Since the name that I go by now is different than the names that i have gone by for the longest parts of my life, when i look up stuff with my current full name, some track and field results come up, and not much else. I found some websites connected with books that some of my family members have written which i expected as well. If i put together different combinations of my first middle initial and last name, then i get videos from awhile ago, more track stuff and I also got some of the information solicitation websites. I thought that the information stuff is kind of odd in that it is up to date and so precise because it has me in connection with the rest of my family even my siblings who are spread across the country and gives their current place of living, even though they haven't been living there long. I am slightly surprised but, also expected things from awhile ago to show up, it's just that actually seeing them is different than just being aware that the internet retains everything. I don't really care but, I can see how it is inconvenient and could even be dangerous with all the information out there on anybody that uses the internet or pretty much does anything connected with the internet (phone services, shopping, etc.). I think if a person were actually trying to find any relevant info on me or trying to use the internet for anything against me in my daily life, I'm pretty safe. Yet, there is enough to seek me out electronically if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment