Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blog 3

So I decided to look up the E-dosing on youtube. In the beginning of the video you are told to use headphones, change the video to full screen, and stare in the middle of the screen until told to look away. The video I watched was constructed of multiple lines framing and moving away from the middle of the screen. These lines changed colors and sizes as they moved. During this time a really bad techno song was playing in the background. At the end of the video you are told to look away. Immediately after I looked at a flower i had on my table. The flower was slightly moving.

Though the flower was moving I would definitely not call this getting high. There are two reasons for this. One, it is obviously an optical illusion and two it only lasts about five seconds. I don't think that there was any reason for a moral panic when this came out because it's the same effect as looking through an optical illusions book.

Here is the link for the video I watched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdyKdUC8Sw&feature=fvw

No comments:

Post a Comment