Thursday, February 3, 2011
Blog #3
For my third blog I decided to head on over to Chatroulette to get creeped on. Apparently I wasn't exciting enough for many of the viewers because in the beginning because I was getting nexted about every second by a new face. After about 15 mins on the site I had gotten a few waves and a couple of short conversations consisting of "Hey, What's up?" "Nothing" then I was nexted. I wasn't really seeing the appeal of these random strangers staring at me then disconnecting. Later that day when I had some friends over we decided to go onto Chatroulette for my assignment to see if the reception of a group of people would be different. It was very different as we got into arguments with people who booed my packers poster in the background (how dare they!) and met people of all varieties. With more than one person the conversations flowed better and it was much less awkward. The danger factor of this website for people was most likely the males who were there for other reasons than to meet people and overall I only saw a few the entire time I was there. I also can see how Chatroulette could lead to friendships/pen pals/whatever you want to call them because people are allowed to talk and meet complete strangers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment