When I had gone on Chatroulette in the past, I had always went on with a friend, and usually lied about myself, or put something else in front of the camera so that people couldn't see me; this time was very different for me. I thought there would be a lot weirder people on the site now than there used to be since I assumed people my age who went on to see the hype when Chatroulette first started had stopped going on, like my friends and I. I ended up talking to some nice, interesting people. Of the ones I stopped to chat with was a man from Italy (I told him I liked his glasses), a 12 year old boy from Oregon (he asked me to lift my shirt for him, so I did.... KIDDING!, but I was surprised such a young kid would be on the site), and a sophomore boy at Penn State (who I actually found again later while scanning). I asked all of these people why they were on Chatroulette, most of whom said because they were bored. They mostly all told me I was the first normal person they had met, and they usually had had some experience with nudity. Overall, my experience on Chatroulette was pretty entertaining, and I hate to admit it, but kind-of fun!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Blog #3
I decided to go on Chatroulette for this blog activity. My experience was actually very different than I expected it to be. I went on around 1 AM because I thought late at night would produce more interesting people than during the day. The most surprising part about my time on Chatroulette was that I did not see ANY nudity. I was a little nervous when I first started my scanning, but I came across a lot more seemingly normal people than I had anticipated. Obviously there were some strange people... one man asked: "need a slave?", a young woman seemed interested in more than just chatting, but I nexted her before it got to that point. I nexted the majority of older men I saw since I assumed they would be creepy, and I got nexted myself many times. I stopped on people who appeared to be non-threatening (young people, and people who were with a friend) and engaged in them until I got bored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment