Saturday, February 19, 2011

Practicum- Christina (2)

I decided to name my site Pinnacle and make the purpose of the site to be a portfolio of some designs I have created. I surfed the web for a while looking at different layouts and figuring out what I liked and didn't like about the sites. After sketching by hand how I wanted the general outline to look like I dove into coding the html and css (for those of you who don't know css is what you use to style websites, add colors, change widths of boxes etc). This is what the html code looks like so far:
I spent a while messing around with javascript to make the slideshow run correctly. I wanted a slide show that users can interact with it. They can pause it, skip to their desired image. Each one of the slides links to a pdf or video or html of the project. So far I added three different slides, one is of a chevrolet website I made for my strategic communication class last semester, and when the viewer clicks on the image they will linked to a commercial that I put together after my group and I decided what our campaigns strategy was. Another image on the slideshow is if the university gospel choir site that I made for the student organization on campus. The third slide (the image in the photo is of some fake posters I made for my roommate as visuals for her marketing campaign.

Over the next few weeks I am going to add a static navagation bar at the bottom of the screen, a video specifically made as in intro for the site (inspired by Leo Burnett's introduction video check out their site http://www.leoburnett.com/ ). I am aiming for there to be four subpages by the end of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment