
Recently I began my practicum project under the Special Interest Communities, my special interest is the NFL and the most active site that I will use the most is found at http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=general.
As you can imagine today the boards are all crazy about my Packers being Super Bowl Champions! People are also debating the place of Aaron Rodgers among todays QBs. I have made an avatar with which I can develop relationships with people and develop an ethnography of this community. So far I have noticed a smattering of political posts mixed in with nfl and clearly have noticed that the people on the boards are all very passionate about their teams and discussion can become arguments very fast.
For my blog community I chose NFL.com blogs where users comment on the big stories of the day, it can be found at http://blogs.nfl.com/
I have included a snapshot of my avatar for the ESPN board and yes thats the badger from the "Badger,Badger" youtube video. The avatar also allows me to pick my favorite teams in this sport and others. I can't wait to get further into the community and talk NFL with these people while developing an ethnography. (GO PACK GO!)
No comments:
Post a Comment