Thursday, March 31, 2011
Practicum (6)- Jennifer
So it's becoming harder and harder for me to play this game. It's very hard to find people to talk to and things to do in my opinion. This may be because I am not much of a gamer and I am not as interested in what is going on in Second Life. I have noticed, however, the increasing importance of identity within the game. After that weird guy changed my appearance, I felt really uncomfortable with how I looked. I tried to ignore the fact that I did not like the way I looked but I couldn't. I went back to the store and bought (everything for free of course) a new outfit and hair. As I went back to the store, I noticed a few things. I found that I have seen the most people at the store, more than anywhere else. This indicates to me that most people in this game are fixated with their appearance and do not seem to do much else. I have also seen that at the store, you can change just about everything to your body, right down to nail polish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment