
With my main message board still relatively non-nfl, I decided to move over to the NFL-Blogs for a little bit and update you guys on whats happening there. Overall the news is relatively slow because of the time of the year, one really popular story that people have been going back and forth on was debating which Quarterback has the most to prove in the next season, and the author suggested it was Peyton Manning. Peyton is regarded as one of the best QBs in the league, so this comment by the author was obviously meant to generate discussion. The community has taken the bait, because we love to debate Quarterbacks. I didn't have much to add to the conversation, except I did make a comment that Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers definitely doesnt have much to prove, showing that I can kind of be a "homer." Even though the comments are asynchronous, people get into arguments and debate just by putting the name of the poster they are talking to.
There are two drawbacks to this community of NFL fans as opposed to the ESPN message board. One is very little people utilize the avatar feature so it's hard to become friends with people and quickly recognize them. Another drawback is the low activity, many stories have 0 comments and even this story which was very popular only had about 300 comments when I looked. I will continue to research the whole NFL community through my sites and update you guys soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment