Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog 5 - Plants vs Zombies

So, I was a bit skeptical when I started playing Plants vs Zombies. I had a friend suggest that I play it before, but I kind of just brushed it off and forgot about it. At first, I thought the game was simple to the point of monotony: plant a flower, kill a zombie, plant a flower... Okay, so it didn't really get to be much more than that, but it definitely got to be more addicting. As I was playing, I just kept telling myself, "Okay, Lindsay. One more level," but then I would do five more. It is this type of game, along with things like Farmville, that manage to keep people of all ages occupied for hours without even realizing it. One aspect of the game that stood out to me was the music. For a game that is all about decapitating zombies, it had a soundtrack that one would expect from HGTV. It made the experience seem a bit disconnected for me at first, but after a while, it seemed as though this music was taking over my mind and making me play more and more levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment