Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Blog #5
I initially went into "Plants vs. Zombies" with pretty low expectations on the basis that I usually don't find these types of online games very fun, and because I was a little skeptical on how worthwhile anything involving the interaction between plants and zombies could be. What I forgot, but soon remembered, was that these mindless games are also extremely addicting. I thought I would only play a level or two and then get bored, but I found myself going through the levels and not wanting to end my winning streak. I was kept interested by the addition of new items (and I guess difficulty) of each level. I also continued playing mainly because I kept beating the levels, which was especially fun for me because I usually suck at most games like this. Even though there was a simple enough tutorial as I was playing, I didn't see any formal instructions or help on how to play, so it did take me a couple levels to fully understand how everything functioned. Like most of these other online games, the graphics were basic and the colors were bright. The music and sound effects were pretty annoying, so I ended up turning off my sound which I don't think took away from the game at all. Overall, although the premise was strange and not very challenging, I did enjoy reliving my childhood by playing "Plants vs. Zombies," and if for no other reason, it helped me procrastinate doing the rest of my school work for a little while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment