Sunday, April 24, 2011
Blog #7-Tracking My Computer Usage
For this blog I decided to use a broad definition of "computer," meaning "An electronic device for storing and processing data" (Google Dictionary). The first obvious thing I used tonight was my Macbook, my most popular sites tonight were: Facebook, Learn@UW, Google, Smartwork for my Astronomy homework and The Huffington Post. It's interesting how much of my school work now depends on my use of a computer. For my astronomy work I used a calculator as well as the Smartwork website. The next thing I used was my phone, I dont really use the internet much on my phone during the night because I have my computer, but during the school day I use it more. The main thing I use my phone for is talking to my long distance girlfriend,to text my other friends and talk to family. The final computerized thing I used was my cable box and the guide it has, I really love being able to know what's on every channel for anytime. This exercise really showed how addicted I am to computerized things, I'm really never more than a foot from something that is computerized, which is quite crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't use internet on my phone much either. Not really sure I needed this phone....
ReplyDeleteI use the internet all the time on my phone, mostly for looking up a word or something on IMDB. Other than these quick things, though, I am like Blair and don't use it all that much for internet purposes. Actual web surfing or anything that requires any real amount of typing I'll do on my laptop, not my phone.
ReplyDelete