Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog Post 5 Plants Vs. Zombies

First off, I was really impressed how responsive Plants Vs Zombies is. If you click away from the screen that you are playing it in it will automatically pause it for you. This is the first time I have experienced a game that is this responsive on the computer (granted I don’t play very much online videogames and those that I do play are very simple like block breaker, poker etc.) . I was a little worried when I first started to play this game, what were the rules? what was the purpose? I was pleasantly surprised that the game told you what to do every step of the way ex "grab the sun," "don’t let the zombies get to your house" etc. From an aesthetic standpoint, I think the designer did a nice job of presenting a realistic view simply. They didn’t clutter the screen with unnecessary graphics. The buttons are easy to find such as menu. At first the game started out really easy and then got more challenging. I liked this because it directly correlated with my level of knowledge on how to work the game, as the game progressed I understood better what the goal was. I enjoyed this game a lot, it was a nice break from readings and papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment