Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog #5

So I set out play Plants vs. Zombies, and my first impressions of the game were not very high. The whole premise is entirely childish and stupid, and the music and sound effects are a bit annoying at first. The longer I played the game, though, the more hooked I became. Beating a level and being able to use a new plant was strangely exciting. Each new level provided me a new opportunity to try a new plant and deploy a new strategy in terms of plant placement. I think the game is actually pretty okay, all in all, since it's a small step above mindless. There is legitimate strategy involved, and it becomes quite fun, regardless of the stupid premise and game design. Overall a pretty normal internet game that definitely has the potential for time-wasting, as all the best ones do.

No comments:

Post a Comment