There are teleportation machines in random spots throughout the LambdaMOO. I had once used one, but when I got to one this time, I had forgotten the command I used to work it. I realized that this was the perfect opportunity to ASK for some help from other users. Usually, people just talk with others in their room, but "long distance" paging is possible. It took a few tries to get the help I needed. When I asked the first person if they could help me with some technical problems I was having with the machine, they responded, "No, but I can gag you." I'm not too into that kinky stuff, so I decided to try elsewhere. The second person simply didn't know, but the third time was a charm. Lexphoreas didn't know much about the machines, but gave me a new method for teleporting, the "@go" command. This ended up being an easier method than finding a machine every time. He was also very welcoming, asking how I liked the MOO so far. A good guy.
Also, I found the LambdaHouse to be changed. One side of the house is now "unoccupied" and there is a warning for players to go past a velvet rope at their own risk. Not much frightening happened to me when I went into the area, but I was unable to enter all the doors. It was another interesting example though, of how fluid the world is. Always changing thanks to the players themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment