Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Practicum (3) Personal Site

As I continue to work on my personal website I decided to learn html5 and css3 (the new versions of web development that have slightly different coding techniques). With css3 you can do some really cool things that you used to have to make on photoshop before and then import as images (such as curved edges, shadows, and a variety of linked fonts.)

I recently discovered that google hosts some fonts that makes site a little more visually appealing. Using googles fonts is great because it will show up on all browsers unlike when you just put the code for the font in your html. I am really enjoying implementing css3 because it makes the whole page neater both visually in within the html and css. The only issues I have come across with css3 is that since it is relatively new some browsers don’t support it yet. Also it doesn’t taper off nicely, meaning that if the browser doesn’t support it, your whole design gets messed up. I have also been working on my portfolio to put on the site (currently I am making a site for wisconsin consulting club).

Also I have been trying to learn a little bit of jquery which allows objects to move. I still am not good at coding jquery but i'm starting to get a hang of what each of the commands mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment