Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blog #5: Plants vs. Zombies

I play these types of games far too frequently, and, generally at inopportune times. For example, I Sporcled for about three hours while I was supposed to be studying for an exam last semester, so I totally understand the validity and addict-ability of casual games. I have never played this particular game, but the plot was just simple enough to be alluring for everyday users.

Like Blair, after about 20 minutes of game play the game became tedious, and I found myself going through the motions rather than actually being engaged and focused. It was a relatively fun game, and the concept was absurd/ridiculous enough to be unique, but I would not play this game extensively, nor would I pay any sort of money for it.

For a more enthralling casual game, I recommend "TouchFly". It incorporates a rabbit with a jet pack attempting to obtain carrots and other treats while avoiding flying turtles. Sound stupid, right? I have wasted about 5 hours thus far, and there is no end in sight. It is free from the Apple App Store, and I give it a '10 out of 10' for my procrastination rating. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment