
So for my penultimate practicum post I decided to continue my search for a decent multiplayer game on Kongregate. My previous attempts have yielded pretty poor results by being either too complicated in the case of the racing game or being simply too boring in the case of Transformice. So I became very picky about which multiplayer game to try next. Due to the fact that I tried the first two games based on their popularity I decided to look for a game that actually looked interesting. This led me to find Kongregates version of Risk, a game that I have played a couple of times in the past and know my way around a little bit. I instantly noticed that the Risk knock-off, called World Rebellion II, was decidedly less intense than the previous two multiplayer games. There was a very intuitive and no frills interface in the beginning of the game that allowed me to choose which game to join. The people seemed pretty relaxed and were in no rush, which was nice because it has been a little while since I played Risk. The game went well, even though the other players eliminated me with brutal efficiency. But overall it was a much more enjoyable experience than my previous two attempts at multiplayer games and the other players seemed so nice that I almost asked them to be friends on Kongregate, but I think that will have to wait until my last post.
I feel as though turn based, low action games would lend themselves more to flash multiplayer games because there would be less lag and be much less intense.
ReplyDelete