Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Practicum (7)- Jennifer

This is my last blog post on second life. Overall I really didn’t enjoy the experience. The system lagged, people focused mostly on their looks rather than talking, and it was very difficult to find people. The only people I really ever found to talk to were shopping for new looks. I believe that the cyberworld is a community if they make it that way. They have specific norms and such but it is difficult to find people that are not focused on creating their look. The people that I have seen talk to each other, seem to use the community for inappropriate reasons. I don’t know if I even want to paste the conversation I had seen. It’s very inappropriate and vulgar. I believe that in theory this community is very real, but of what I have mostly encountered has not been very positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment