I decided to return back to the espn message board observe and participate in the discussion. The topics are still really off-topic, but in my opinion this makes it more like a community of friends because I rarely talk about the nfl with my friends at this time of year. Im starting to recognize certain users and their personalities and their favorite teams. Also, certain users are well know by the whole community as either a joke or very respectable. I find it very helpful to developing relationships with people if they have an avatar picture. This picture can tell a lot about a person. Usually you can tell whether they are there for serious discussion or just to have fun based on their picture. You can also tell what teams they like if they include a sports logo and this helps in deciphering whether the person has bias or not. There is still a lot of political discussion on the board, regarding the possible government shutdown and abortion, this could be a possible third place or digital public sphere like we talked about in class.
As far as experiences, I haven't really had many great ones, just random posting on peoples topics such as: "Best ipod app," "Why is this board so great?" and "Golf or NASCAR?"
Im beginning to realize this board is more just a place to converse and talk to people who enjoy the nfl during the offseason, and during the season it gears more toward a lot of NFL talk.
No comments:
Post a Comment