Sunday, April 10, 2011

Practicum - Sasha: Stumble Upon (2)

I thought I'd talk a little bit about one of the many cool features that comes with Stumbling--weekly recommendations. They come in the form of an email, and look like this:



As I mentioned in my last post, I put more detail into my profile. I listed 'Canadians' as an interest (they seem like a very friendly people), and in this week's recommendations, there's a link to something about Canadian hockey. I'm not sure if that's a coincidence, but I feel like my adding to my personal information is slowly starting to change what information the program uses to figure out what I'd like.

One of the benefits of getting weekly recommendations is that if you weren't already stumbling or thinking about stumbling, you get a little 'reminder' of sorts. As far as the site goes, this is great for creating traffic. Even if the person getting the email doesn't open it or click on one of the recommendations, StumbleUpon is at least on their mind when they see that they have the email in their inbox.

As usual, here's a fun link from my stumbling:
Dancing Kid in Apple Store
This kid is totally my hero. What a champ

No comments:

Post a Comment