Thursday, May 5, 2011

Practicum- Jordann

In my final practicum post I decided I wanted to send a letter to Twitter telling it what I would like to see it do differently and what I am proud of it for doing. So here it goes...

Dear Twitter,
I suppose I should start with the positives and break this to you easily. I have really enjoyed your fun personalization options on the home screen and in my personal page. I think you have struck a good balance between the boringness of the Facebook layout and the obnoxiousness of the busy MySpace personalization options that are too loud and annoying to fully deal with. With your allowance of background changes, color palate choices and ability to upload any picture as a background, you make me happy when I open your page. Also, I appreciate the way that you truly took a fresh outlook and approach to the overdone social networking site template and jazzed it up with your character limitations, your fun lingo and your ability to stay relevant. Well done Twitter! You are one of my favorite websites to visit, and that is really saying something.
Now let's get to the bad stuff. I really need you to work on how you search other Twitter users, it should not be so hard to find my friends on your site! Also the way you return results after I have entered in a search criteria often makes little to no sense. I would also appreciate it if you could make things load faster when I open a new window because it gets tiring waiting and you know I have little patients.
Thank you Twitter for providing me with a fun practicum project.
Love,
Jordann

No comments:

Post a Comment