
Obviously, New York and Washington were at the top of the list, but other places with things going on (because the world doesn't work with one-at-a-time news stories) were still reflected on the map.
Another site had basically the same information as other websites, but it was illustrated in a different visual format, which I found to be helpful. To me, a lot of news sites kind of throw a bunch of stuff at the viewer that all looks the same, so it's easy to miss what you're looking for. This representation with colors and font size was easy to navigate while still looking relatively clean and professional:

All in all, I think StumbleUpon was a really useful tool for getting a lot of different information (as well as perspectives) on the news at hand. While it would be less efficient for news that was less current or relevant (such as news among a niche group of people), it might take a little more finessing to get the information you're looking for. However, for big news like this, it was the perfect tool to keep up-to-date with what people were saying about this development.
That was a good idea, after hearing about the news, I didn't even think about the possibility of using stumbleupon to find more information. I think I'm definitely gonna try this next time a big story breaks.
ReplyDelete