Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Practicum Simon (7)

Well, lucky for me, the developers at Call of Duty: Black Ops released new maps today. 5 new maps for about $15? No thanks, I'll just continue to play the original maps, and hopefully those maps become free in the upcoming months. I don't really mind that they sell new maps, but they just released a new map pack in late January (which I didn't purchase either) and we're also $15 dollars. So we're talking about spending $90 on a single video game over the course of about 7 months. In my opinion the $60 dollars I've spent on the game is already too high, and the extra thirty dollars just for maps just doesn't fly with me. I wouldn't mind spending money on these extras if they added more to the story mode, or a different game modes for playing online, but they normally don't. Well that's enough of my mini-rant, I guess it's time to talk about final weekend playing video games for homework, it's probably not going to be the same anymore, but I think I'll be alright. Anyways, like I mentioned before, I was starting to wish that I would have more notable interactions, and then thankfully my wish came true. Well, this time I decided to take things into my own hands and honestly be as annoying as I could while playing Free-For-All. Music loud, non-stop trash talk, I almost started to hate myself (I also don't think my roommates appreciated all my yelling) and I got into some pretty good back and forths with a few gamers. I'll leave out the language, because I don't think it was appropriate for this (nothing too terrible, just a lot of swearing), but I was making fun of their gamertags a lot, which were MUSEic was one, and Sniper Bob 123. Neither of these two really appreciated all my talking, and actually ended up muting me at one point. I pretty much pushed things as far as I could, but eventually I got tired of talking trash all the time, even though I did beat those guys pretty handily a couple times, so I decided to head off and start acting like a normal person again. Well, all in all playing Call of Duty has been an interesting time. I didn't have as many notable interactions as I expected to coming into this, although I did notice that playing around 5 and 6pm was usually the best time to play. I didn't make any new friends, or even have anybody send me a friend request, which was kind of surprising. It's still been an interesting time and I've learned a lot. Well, time to head off and start writing this paper!

1 comment:

  1. I personally think 15 dollars isn;t too bad for new maps. The game grows extremely tiresome if you just play the original maps over and over again. It is a great market strategy for people looking to continue to enjoy COD and 15 dollars for a new experience sounds all right.

    ReplyDelete