
So I started second life today.... Not that great. It was mostly difficult because my computer is so slow. It takes forever to make an outfit, so I settled with this one. I took a picture of myself to show you on the left. I started off naming my "resident" after my roommate. I was then placed in a tutorial, where I learned how to move, talk, and even fly. With second life, you can fly, teleport, shop, meet people, and go to different locations across the world. It was hard because my computer wasn't loading quickly. When I tried to move, it would move me to quickly and I would run into a wall, so it was hard to get where I wanted. I tried talking to someone, and when I did I said, "Hi, so are you new to this?" and he just said back, "Hello." So I gave up talking to him. I also noticed on second life you can actually talk to people through a microphone rather than just typing. But I was a little nervous to use the microphone, much less to talk to someone there. I am hoping later that the program will start to move faster and I will get more used to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment