Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Blog #4
I Googled myself and found that Matt Boston is a fairly common name. The first link listed was to my Facebook (Oh no!) but when I clicked it, it turned out to be someone else with the same name. It also listed several other Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Flickr, and LinkedIn accounts, but none of them belonged to me. I also found several links to a washed-up child actor that shares my name, although I already knew about him from previous searches of my name. Next, I tried searching my entire name and found several doctors and professors with my name, as well as several sites about the city of Boston, but no links about me. I also searched my name on Google images but was just as unlucky, or lucky, depending on how you look at it. Overall, I keep a pretty good level of privacy on my accounts and I often delete accounts and make new ones just for good measure, so that could possibly contribute to the lack of results about myself on Google.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is what makes me wonder why so many people freak out about what you display on the internet. If you can make it private, what is the problem? This makes me conflicted on whether or not things can truly be erased on the internet.
ReplyDelete