Monday, February 28, 2011
Blog 4
After Googling myself, I found that I need to step up my game as one of the many Lindsay Schneiders around the world. When I searched only my name, one of the repeated results that came up was for a makeup artist in Denver who calls herself 'The Makeup Madame". It wasn't until the ninth page of results that I found something that actually pertained to me: a paper announcing local students who had made the Dean's List. Satisfied, I moved on to some different searches. I tried adding "Wisconsin" to my name. All I got from this were some random LinkedIn, Facebook, and MySpace profiles. There was a result that referred to a Lindsay Schneider that went to UW, so I clicked on it. I got excited for a second before I realized it was not me because circa 2001, I was still in elementary school. Disappointing. Next, I decided to add the name of my hometown. This brought up a few more results. Some of the top results were an angsty MySpace blog that I wrote about my high school, my dad's company website, and the results from a 5K where I came in 417th (that's right). Finally, I decided to search the screen name that I use on pretty much every website. With this, I found my Twitter, YouTube, DailyBooth, and Blogger accounts. So all in all, I'm not too concerned. Most of my personal information that is online (on Facebook, for example) doesn't even come up under a simple search. If someone wanted to find me, they'd have to do some pretty intense creeping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment