
Things are still pretty interesting on Xbox Live. I managed to play a few hours this weekend (around 3 total) and was able to witness some pretty interesting dialogue between some rival players on Call of Duty: Black Ops. Now, while playing this game, you can converse with your opponents before and after matches, but not during. Well, during one game I played, one of my teammates had 1 kill and 18 deaths or for those of you who are less familiar with this game, he did really bad, haha. Well after the game this allowed players from the other team to give this guy a pretty hard time, even including a "you should really just turn your xbox in, man." comment from one of them. I personally thought this was pretty funny, and not as mean as I would have thought they would have been. Which brings me to my next point. During my experience so far, after playing roughly 7 hours, I would say that there has been a lot less racist, sexist, offensive jokes being thrown around over Xbox Live. I don't know if maybe I've just been lucky so far, but as somebody that has been playing Xbox Live for around 4 years now it seems like things have cleaned up quite a bit. Maybe they are cracking down more on people who are reported for using offensive language, I'm really not sure, but its a lot more enjoyable thats for sure.
I've also included a picture from xbox.com that shows what my avatar looks like, along with the last three games/applications I've played.
That's really interesting because every single time I play Black Ops or any of the C.O.D's, I get hated on real hard. People are pretty vicious on the shooters, in my opinion. I see you play 2k though, let me know if you wanna be taken to Church!
ReplyDelete