Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Blog #4
I think I have googled myself in the past and found basically nothing, so I was surprised when I found more than I originally expected. When I searched Kim Meiselman, the first link I found was to a YouTube I had made for a Spanish project in high school (embarrassing, and I should probably have taken down immediately). Connecting to the presentation we saw in class about YouTube videos and how they could end up pretty much anywhere, I then found that video, from my name being linked to it, on several different websites that had discussions on the Spanish artist my video was about (kinda creepy). My Google results also included the link to this class's Blogger blog since my user name comes up as Kim Meiselman when I post, and on my town's website which listed my graduating class. All other results to Kim Meiselman didn't seem related to me. When I searched my full name, Kimberly Meiselman and then Kimberly Sara Meiselman, I only got the results from the graduation list. Overall, I found that my name is not very common (which I expected), but that there are a lot more things with my name connected to it on the Internet than I had thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment