Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Blog #4
When I googled myself, I was surprised by both what I found and what I didn't find. The first thing was my LinkedIn page, which is surprising because I hardly ever use it. It also surprised me that I could access basically all of the information on my LinkedIn page just by clicking on that first link. As expected, my Facebook and Twitter came up - while my Facebook had good privacy protection, my Twitter was almost completely public, which I was not aware of. The rest of the first page of results were dominated by a Gary Lee Maier, who is apparently some famous race car driver. However, I was almost a little shaken by the second page, which had a link directly to a specific Tweet I sent to someone. I don't know why that Tweet was chosen or why it would be displayed specifically, but it was creepy. When I switched to images, my profile picture from Facebook was among the options on the first page and when I want to videos, there was a link to the song I had uploaded for my practicum. Overall, nothing really surprised me in terms of the sites that were presented. Still, I was somewhat surprised to see how much of my information someone could see with just one click of the mouse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment