Monday, March 28, 2011

Practicum (2) "Yelp encounter" Blair Pollard

Well, I guess I'll keep the research going tonight, seeing as I will be most likely spending the night in all-nighter mode for the CrAzY amount of stuff I have going on tomorrow (procrastination and the influx of technology in my education seem to provide a parallel for my crazy Crammer style).

Anyways, I think I'll begin using Yelp right now to help me find a bar to grab a beer at before they close in the next hour. Hmmm. I pull up my phone, and I think I'll embrace more of this feature I love, the Monocle thing that is like placing yourself into a 3d environment of a GPS environment. It's so interactive, I had no idea my phone was even capable of something like this (I've had this phone since July). So as I'm peering around, I think I like the idea of a Hole in the Wall kind of place right now, like Churchkey. Churchkey it is... So I pick the Churchkey bar on this feature, and it brings up the 20 or so different reviews of the bar including dirty details and the basic low down of what the place is all about. Now I want to get there. I can choose to navigate through a gps system from a bird's eye view, or I can use the Monocle feature and follow the compass to the location. I wanna see how good this Monocle feature is so I'm going to walk there using this from my house on the corner of Bassett and Dayton, so about a half mile, or according to the Monocle .43 miles away. I'll finish this post once I get back. Shouldn't be long.....

So I'm back. Once I got there, I checked into the Churchkey on Yelp, and now it has my history of one check-in. I'm on my way on this! I had absolutely zero problems arriving at the location by using Monocle, and even though I have made the walk a thousand times, I used this technology the entire time and it worked! ... Cheers. Now to the studying for the quiz I also declined to consider working on since I've been back from Paradise....

No comments:

Post a Comment