Monday, March 28, 2011

Practicum - Dean (2)

So the LambaMOO overlords have finally given me my character and password, allowing me to fully integrate into the online, text-based society. When I originally applied for the character, I had old Hollywood on my mind for some reason or another. So I opted for the name of Clark_Humphry, a fusion of Clark Gable and Humphrey Bogart. Now that I have a character, I can also have a description of myself. This can be anything I choose, and indeed most of the character bios I've read have been either very understated and normal, or wild and fantastical. I think I will opt to channel my character's namesakes and bring some 30's & 40's class to the LambdaHouse.
As a guest, you get a new label each time you log into LambdaMOO, so it is very tough to form real connections or get in with certain groups. Now, I will be able to (try to) do just that.
On a more whimsical note, I recently discovered the Looking Glass Saloon. I decided to "look into" a mirror which was hanging in the entrance way to the house, and I was sucked into a dream-like, mirrored bar room, complete with patrons and a LambdaMOO video game. You just never know what is hidden behind seemingly simple objects, so trying out every action and location you can is well worth it. However, you cannot save your position when you log out, which might make distant exploration a tough task. But fear not, Clark_Humphrey is going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment